Guidance & Counseling
The comprehensive school counseling program at St. Jude the Apostle Catholic School focuses on providing support in various ways to the students and families of the school. The counselor’s role is to provide support for the personal, academic, social, career, spiritual, and emotional development of each student.
Counseling services provided include:
- A wide variety of classroom guidance lessons taught at all levels
- Character and leadership education
- Academic support and planning in conjunction with teachers
- Individual and small group counseling
- Referrals for educational evaluations, tutoring, or other services
- Parent and teacher consultation
- Interpretation of various assessment results
The counselor works with all students to create a school climate that promotes a safe and welcoming learning environment.